It’s a little late for a recap on 2016. But a lot of things – good things – happened last year (personally) and I am so grateful to have the best family and the most amazing person by my side.
What happened 2016:
- Mark and I moved to Allentown (for a few years).
- We had the most wonderful wedding party with all our friends and family in Germany (even though I planned the whole event from Allentown and the actual location cancelled 2 weeks before!)
- We traveled to Spain, Egypt, Lichtenstein, Austria, Switzerland, Vietnam, Canada, New York, Washington DC, Kentucky, Tennessee and the Cayman Islands.
- We had First Class seats on our home leave flight to Germany – for the first time and probably the last. Haha.
- We bought two Jeeps and a HK pistol (so American, I know!)
- First time I went to a shooting range (shot a pistol, an AR and a shotgun!).
- We startet our Blu-ray/ 4K/ 3D collection! WOOOP!
- I startet with Barre3 (honestly, the best workout for the whole body – (I would love to bring Barre3 to Germany when we move back – or even open a studio – who knows!)
- I got my first pair of hiking boots.
- I had my first vacation in the Caribbean (read more: Cayman Island post)
- I got certified for scuba diving at dutch springs and got my own gear.
- My parents and Mark’s sister came to visit us in Allentown.
- I learned how to take photos with a DSLR, how to use Photoshop and edit Videos.
- I startet a BLOG, obviously 🙂
- We startet a Youtube Channel with all our adventures. Check it out!
- We had our first Christmas in Allentown – just the two of us. And a lot of cheese fondue 😉
Headings and wishes for 2017:
- EAT HEALTHIER: And I don’t mean having a diet or eating low carb. No. I want to eat lots of vegetables and fruits, even if I really love meat (Steaks!) Trying more recipes (cook more!) and avoiding trashy food! And drink a lot more water!
- Learning SPANISH and how to play the GUITAR. There are so many things I wanted to do since last year or even the year before. I want to take the time for new things and really try to be consistent. I will start my first Spanish lesson tomorrow!
- DON’T look too often on the PHONE. Even though my family and friends live in Germany, and I really try to be in touch with everyone (which is impossible) most of the time….I want to focus MORE on my life here in Allentown.
- TRAVEL with Mark to new places and collecting moments and memories together (hopefully soon with our little one!)
- CHALLENGE myself more (Fitness) and doing Yoga with Mark regularly after work!
- DANCE more! Unfortunately I didn’t find a good dance school yet. I used to dance every day (Jazz, Modern and Reggeaton) and I really miss it (also I miss my two dance companies from Karlsruhe!).
I wish you all the best for THIS YEAR – Make 2017 full of love, trust and compassion!